Saturday, August 15, 2009

The last couple days

Sorry it's been awhile, but the last couple days have been really fun. I spent a lot of time with Rebeka (my girlfriend) this weekend. first we went shooting at my uncle Jamie's shooting range, and then i may have put my foot in my mouth a couple time (figure of speech) because she hit me in my face really hard. I guess i did deserved it though. We also started measuring the new house, pics of that on a different post.




So today was a little strange. But we all learned a valuable lesson.
ok, so today was Deci's last day until 2 weeks from now( then he's here forever, until we officially adopt him) so we wanted to do something special for him. So Mom and Dad, got him Rock Band as a " welcome to the family" present. Trey got him a skateboard, and Gracie drew him a picture, and i gave him.... NOTHING! i couldn't think of one thing to give to him. usually i think of a song, or something really creative to give, but today i blanked out. I felt horrible, but you know what? It all turned out great because he knew that i already gave him a present. We hung out all week! We even played a prank on Trey, and he thanked me for that. I was so overwhelmed at that because most 11 year old kids would be like "where's my present", and then cry about it. But not my little brother Deci. I'm getting used to saying that.

So the Absolute Truth of Today Is: Don't let your accomplishments go to your head, and don't let your failures go to your heart.

3 comments:

  1. Your dad was like, "was that facial?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad is like the only one who calls me Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, Deci's gone... :(

    ReplyDelete